This sangria is great for holiday parties. Blood oranges have a beautiful red-colored flesh but if you can't find them substitute navel oranges - the red wine will stain them red anyone, so who can tell the difference?
Peel 2 oranges. Set half of one of the oranges aside for a snack. Section the rest, cutting each segment in half (so you'll have about 24 oranges segments total). Place in a large bowl along with 1 cup sliced strawberries, 1 cup apple juice, 1/3 cup triple sec, 1/4 cup raw sugar, 2 whole cloves, one cinnamon stick, one 750 milliliter bottle of fruity red wine, 1/2 a lemon (cut into 4 wedges) and 1/2 a lime (cut into 4 wedges).
Stir until the sugar dissolves. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Before serving, remove the cloves and the cinnamon stick, then ladle 1 cup into each of 8 glasses, including the fruit. Each serving is 160 calories.
Beaujolais wine is great for this sangria - as always, look for one that is unfiltered. Alas I already brought my recycling down and can't remember the name of the label that I bought!
navel oranges $2.92
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html