Try this over whole wheat pasta, or even over a baked potato - yum!
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup chopped onion and one minced garlic clove; cook for 2 minutes. Add 1 and 3/4 cups of pre-sliced mushrooms (a great time saver!) and cook another 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add one (14-ounce) can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped, and 1 tablespoon of capers; cook 30 seconds.
Now add 1/2 a cup of tomato sauce (I like the organic one from Whole Foods' 365 brand), 1/4 cup chopped ripe (black) olives, 1/4 cup dry white wine (I chose a Chenin Blanc from South Africa but any dry white will do; look for a wine that is organic or unfiltered), and one (14.5-ounce) can of diced tomatoes, undrained.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. You'll have about 3 cups of sauce, 3/4 cups of which is 110 calories.
pre-sliced mushrooms $2.49
artichoke hearts $2.29
tomato sauce $1.19
black olives $1.39
white wine $10.99
canned diced tomatoes $1.19
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html