Okay, well obviously I used neither orange blossom honey nor butter in this recipe. Instead, mine is made with agave nectar and vegan butter (from Earth Balance). But whether or not the title of the recipe still applies, this buttery spread rounds out a brunch menu - serve on toasted English muffins (I like the whole wheat ones from Whole Foods).
In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup agave nectar, 1/4 cup softened vegan butter, 1/4 tsp. grated lemon rind and 1/4 tsp. grated orange rind. Blend with a mixer at low speed until well combined (about 2 minutes).
You can store this in the fridge, but serve it at room temperature for optimum spreadability! One tablespoon is 80 calories.
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html