Don't use honey for this dish of course - use its vegan cousin, agave nectar!
In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of chopped, peeled sweet potato (about one large), one and a half cups chopped, peeled turnip, one and a half cups chopped, peeled parsnip, one and a half cups chopped, peeled carrot, 1/4 cup of agave nectar (in place of tupelo honey), 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 tsp. salt and 3 halved shallots. Toss well to coat the vegetables.
Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, and place in the oven at 450 degrees for 35 minutes, until the vegetables are tender - stir every 15 minutes or so.
1/2 a cup of vegetables is 120 calories. Try this alongside stuffed acorn squash or a bowl of soup!
sweet potato $1.08
parsnip $1.60 (inexact figure; I lost my receipt for these)
olive oil $9.99
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html