I can see the Pacific ocean through the window - it felt like the perfect afternoon to make a sparkling sipper.
In a blender, combine 1/2 a cup of water, 1/4 cup fresh lime juice and a teaspoon of ground ginger. Puree until well blended.
Pour through a fine mesh sieve over a bowl, and discard the solids (you could also line the sieve with cheesecloth if you want to make sure to catch all the ginger). Add 3 tablespoons of raw sugar and stir until dissolved. Top off with 3/4 cup of sparkling water, and serve over ice. Garnish with lime slices if you like! This makes enough for one serving of 180 calories, but double or quadruple the recipe as you see fit. Now sip and enjoy.
sparkling water $1.09
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html