Here's an alternative to the Grilled Pepper Relish I made the other night. Try this one on a veggie wrap - saute some vertically sliced onion, eggplant, and bell pepper strips, wrap in a tortilla, and use this relish as the garnish.
Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add two whole ears of shucked corn, and cook for 12 minutes, turning frequently, until they are lightly browned. Let cool before sliced the corn from the cob.
In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, one tablespoon raw sugar, one tablespoon lime juice, a teaspoon mustard seeds, 1/2 tsp. minced fresh ginger, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. curry powder, and a dash each of crushed red pepper and black pepper. Stir with a whisk until the sugar dissolves.
Add the corn kernels, along with 6 tablespoons finely chopped orange bell pepper and 6 tablespoons finely chopped red onion. Toss well to combine. Store this in an airtight container in the fridge. Each 1/2 cup serving is 90 calories.
orange bell pepper $2.20
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html