This makes a quick side dish next to the vegan dinner of your choice. Or, pack a serving in tupperware to have with lunch at work.
In a large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons cider vinegar (as always, my preference is the unfiltered one from Spectrum Organics: http://www.spectrumorganics.com/), 2 1/4 tsps. Dijon mustard, a teaspoon and a half canola oil, a teaspoon and a half agave nectar (in place of honey), 1/4 tsp. celery seeds and a dash each of salt and black pepper. Stir well with a whisk.
Add one 10-oz bag of angel-hair slaw, one cup diced granny smith apple, and 1/2 cup peeled and shredded celeriac (aka celery root; I used the large holes of a box grater to shred, which worked great).
Angel-hair slaw is a product from Dole that is simply shredded green cabbage. If you can't find it, buy any pre-packaged coleslaw mix, and - if you're feeling adventurous - try and pick out the carrot bits to just leave the green cabbage. If you don't care, don't bother! Just make sure to measure out about 5 cups worth, since most coleslaws come in 16-oz bags, not 10 ounces.
Now toss to combine and serve! 1 cup is 60 calories.
Dijon mustard $2.49
agave nectar $3.00
packaged coleslaw $2.49
granny smith apple $1.44
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html