This make-ahead dip is great for summer picnics!
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add 6 sliced garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon ground coriander, and 1 teaspoon paprika; cook for 2 minutes. You should stir constantly, though I confess to only stirring frequently.
Add 1, drained and rinsed (15-ounce) can of cannellini beans, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add 3/4 cup vegetable broth; bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Transfer the bean mixture to a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Stir in 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, then spoon into a bowl and chill - the original recipe did not specify for how long, but I made the dip about an hour and a half in advance.
Sprinkle with 1/8 tsp. paprika just before serving, and serve with sesame breadsticks (I like the long thin ones from Alessi). 1 breadstick plus 1 tablespoon dip makes a nosh of 50 calories.
canned cannellini beans $2.19
flat-leaf parsley $1.99
sesame breadsticks $2.49
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html