I'm playing with Gardein chicken again tonight... for this easy entree salad, you can either serve it just as it is for dinner, or, pack leftovers in tupperware and tuck inside a pita for lunch tomorrow.
The original recipe called for 2 cups of chopped cooked chicken, so cook 4 Gardein 'tuscan chicken breasts' (without the sauce) in a skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, then chop into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
Cut 1 and 1/2 cups of fresh corn kernels off the cob (about 2 ears of corn). Heat a medium skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat and saute the corn for 3 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked 'chicken', the corn, 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes, and 1/2 cup sliced green onions.
In a separate bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1 and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, 1 teaspoon minced garlic (use bottled minced garlic to make this already-quick recipe even quicker!), and 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard. I omitted the salt in the dressing, since Gardein chicken already has a fair amount of salt in it.
Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss to coat. 1 and 1/4 cups makes a serving of 240 calories.
fresh corn $2.49
cherry tomatoes $2.58
green onions $0.99
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html