In a cocktail shaker, combine 1/4 cup tequila, one and a half tablespoons triple sec, 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice, 1/4 cup pineapple juice and one teaspoon (raw) sugar. Add several ice cubes and shake vigorously. Strain into a glass and garnish with lime wedge.
Double, triple, quadruple this recipe ad nauseam if you have a crowd since this recipe only makes one serving (270 calories). Also, you can salt the rims of the glasses first if you like by pouring salt into a shallow bowl, wetting the rim of each glass with a lime wedge, and pressing down into the salt.
I can happily report that this recipe finally inspired me to buy a cocktail shaker after ages of wanting one, and boy are they fun to use. Bottoms up.
Triple Sec $8.00
pineapple juice $3.80
Saturday, April 26, 2008
It's Saturday night, and I've a birthday party to attend, so the recipe of the night is a cocktail. I made sure to do some research beforehand to ascertain for everyone that Jose Cuervo tequila and Triple Sec are both vegan - and they are! Just be careful because one vegan chat forum I found said that sometimes restaurants will add egg whites to margaritas to make them extra frothy, so if you order one out, ask your server. But when you make this one at home, there's no worries!
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html