Here's a beautifully colorful and delicious appetizer. You can use store bought chips, but I think it's much tastier - not to mention healthier - to use fresh corn tortillas. If you do buy your chips at the store, double check the ingredient label to make sure they're vegan.
To do so, cut six, six-inch corn tortillas into six wedges each. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; coat with another layer of cooking spray and a sprinkling of salt, and bake at 425 degrees for about 8 minutes.
To make the salsa, chop up 1/2 cup avocado, 1/2 cup mango, a teaspoon and a half of cilantro, and combine in a bowl. Toss gently with two teaspoons of fresh-squeezed lime juice. Let stand about ten minutes before serving.
And I didn't have to make any changes in order for this recipe to be vegan!
3 tablespoons salsa and 6 chips will be about 100 calories.
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html