This easy and scrumptious dip is a great way to give kids sweets without junk food!
In a bowl, combine 6 ounces vegan cream cheese (such as Tofutti), 1/2 cup organic brown sugar, and 1/2 cup canned pumpkin; beat with a mixer until blended. Add 2 teaspoons maple syrup and 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon; beat until smooth.
Cover and chill for 30 minutes before serving, then serve with apple slices. About 2 tablespoons dip and 2 apple slices makes a nosh of 110 calories. The original recipe didn't specify how many apples to use or how large the slices should be, so I decided to cut 2 apples into 12 wedges each. It also didn't mention what variety of apple would go well with the dip, but I found that Braeburn apples were particularly delicious.
Note: I very nearly forgot the maple syrup and cinnamon, I was so distracted as I made the dip tonight! Luckily I remembered to stir them in just before serving.
canned pumpkin $2.99
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html