Wednesday, October 27, 2010
In a large bowl, combine 2 cups regular oats with 1/2 cup organic brown sugar, 1/3 cup raisins, 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, and 1 teaspoon baking powder; set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine 1 and 1/2 cups plain soy milk (such as Silk), 1/2 cup applesauce, 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter (such as Earth Balance), and the equivalent of 1 egg using egg replacer (such as Ener-G). Add the soy milk mixture to the oat mixture, stirring to combine.
Pour the oatmeal into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray, and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. 2/3 a cup makes a serving of 290 calories.
brown sugar $4.39
plain soy milk $2.49
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html