This slaw is about as simple as a recipe can get! It's great alongside dinners with earthy flavors - think a bowl of stew, or rice and beans scented with paprika.
In a large bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon raw sugar, 3 tablespoons cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons vegetable or canola oil, and 1/4 tsp. salt, whisking until the sugar dissolves.
Add 4 and 1/2 cups packaged cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw (such as Dole) and 1/4 cup chopped green onions; toss to coat.
You can serve this either at room temperature or chilled - I preferred it made a couple hours in advance and chilled so the flavors had more time to blend.
1 cup of slaw is 50 calories.
cider vinegar $3.39
cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw $2.49
green onions $0.99
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html