This sparkling drink is great for spring events - think bridal showers, baby showers... or just brunch with friends!
Combine 1 and 1/2 cups cran-raspberry juice with 1 and 1/2 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lime juice. Pour 1/2 a cup of the juice mixture into each of 3 champagne glasses, and divide a split of champagne brut (a small, 375 milliliter bottle) evenly among the glasses. Serve each glass with a thin slice of lime.
Each drink is 180 calories. Repeat the procedure with more juice and champagne as needed, to serve all your guests! These are best served immediately while the champagne is fizzy.
Note: my first choice for cran-raspberry juice is R.W. Knudsen, but since it can be hard to find, the more widely-available cran-raspberry from Apple & Eve is much better than other versions on the market - no sugar or corn syrup added - and will do in a pinch.
There are several certified vegan/organic champagnes on the market; one to try is Serge Faust, available from www.theorganicwinecompany.com
cran-raspberry juice $3.49
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html