Ginger adds a novel note to this refreshing, tart lemonade.
In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup raw sugar; cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes until the sugar dissolves, while stirring, then set aside.
Peel and grate 2 tablespoons of fresh ginger. Place the ginger on a double layer of cheesecloth, and gather the edges of the cheesecloth so you can tie it up securely.
Place the cheesecloth bag in a large pitcher. Add 3/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (about 4 lemons), along with the sugar mixture and 2 and 1/2 cups water (I used filtered water, but regular type would work just as well). Stir well to combine.
Refrigerate the lemonade for about 2 hours, and then discard the cheesecloth bag. Return the rest of the lemonade to the fridge to chill until ready to serve!
1 cup is 110 calories.
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html