The tofu in this creamy mousse makes eggs unnecessary!
In a blender or food processor, combine 1/4 cup raw sugar, 3 and 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier, 1/2 tsp. grated orange rind, 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and 1 (12.3-ounce) package of silken tofu; process until smooth.
Place 1.5 ounces of dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute - the chocolate should be almost melted, but not quite. I like using the dark chocolate from the Endangered Species Chocolate Company, not only because it is certified vegan, but because proceeds go towards a good cause.
Add the chocolate to the tofu mixture, and process until smooth. Because my food processor is a little small, I actually transferred the tofu mixture to a bowl for this step, and folded in the almost-melted chocolate.
Divide 2 small oranges into sections. Divide the sections evenly among 4 bowls or pretty glasses. Top each serving with 1/2 cup of the mousse. Cover and chill these desserts for at least 1 hour, but you can actually make them up to 24 hours in advance, which makes them great for entertaining! Each serving is 250 calories.
Grand Marnier $3.25
silken tofu $5.99
dark chocolate $3.00
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html