Make this yummy breakfast on a morning when you can be leisurely, with a cup of coffee and the newspaper!
Bring 3/4 cup water and 3/4 cup apple cider to a boil in a saucepan. Add 1 cup regular oats and 1/4 tsp. salt; reduce heat to low and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in 1/2 cup diced pear (any variety you like!), 1/4 cup dried cranberries, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract; cook an additional 3 minutes or so, until the oats are tender.
Stir in 1/4 cup chopped pecans (toast them first, if you like) and 1/4 cup plain soy milk (such as Silk).
You'll have 3 servings of 3/4 cup and 260 calories each.
apple cider $1.29
dried cranberries $0.56
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html