Make this easy side dish to serve alongside pasta or leftovers on a busy night. It takes less than 10 minutes!
Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots and cook for 2 and 1/2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 4 cups cherry tomatoes (2 pints), and cook for 5 minutes - they should be slightly soft by the end.
Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup chopped parsley, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper.
You'll have about 6, 1/2-cup servings of 40 calories each. Grape tomatoes work equally well here, and that's what I used, so the title of my recipe should probably say so!
grape tomatoes $5.98
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html