Here's a new way to try butternut squash as a side dish. I like how savory it is, since often butternut squash is spiced on the sweeter side.
Coat a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. In the dish, combine 7 cups of (1-inch) cubed and peeled butternut squash, 1 and 1/2 cups (1-inch) pieces of red bell pepper, 3 tablespoons minced parsley, 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary, 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 2 minced garlic cloves.
Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes.
Before serving, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of shredded vegan cheese in place of Parmesan - I used the vegan mozzarella from Galaxy Foods.
You'll have about 5, 1-cup servings of 170 calories each.
butternut squash $6.10
red bell pepper $0.83
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html