This dessert is easy-as-pie to make - sweet and refreshing and bursting with strawberry flavor.
In a blender, combine 1/2 cup raw sugar and 1/2 cup warm water; process until the sugar dissolves. Add 3 cups sliced strawberries and 2 tablespoons lemon juice; puree until smooth.
Transfer the mixture to an 8-inch baking dish; cover and freeze. After 3 hours, stir thoroughly, then recover and freeze for at least another 5 hours, or up to overnight. Okay, I confess, I only let my stand 4 hours, because I couldn't wait to try it!
Before serving, let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Scrape the mixture with a fork until fluffy. Serve 1 cup in each of 4 bowls, for 4 servings of 140 calories. Garnish with lemon zest or strawberry quarters, if you like.
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html