I needed a quick dinner and this recipe fit the bill!
Cook 6 ounces of pasta according to package directions - shapes that work well for this recipe include campanella, orecchiette, fusilli or shells - I chose fusilli from Whole Foods' brand. Drain and set aside.
In a saucepan, heat 1 and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add 1 large minced garlic clove and cook 30 seconds. Add 2 and 1/2 cups chopped plum tomato and cook 2 minutes.
Stir in the cooked pasta (about 3 cups), 2 tablespoons chopped basil, 2 tablespoons shredded vegan cheese (such as the vegan mozzarella from Galaxy Foods), 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. black pepper. Toss to coat.
1 and 1/3 cups is 310 calories - you'll have about 3 servings.
plum tomato $2.13
fusilli pasta $1.99
vegan cheese $3.39
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html