The apricot preserves give this easy side-dish a fun twist.
Trim the ends off one pound of asparagus spears, and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and coated with cooking spray.
In a bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons apricot preserves, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and 1/4 tsp. minced garlic and 1/8 tsp. salt.
Drizzle over the asparagus, and toss well to coat. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Divide into 4 equal portions (about 5 spears) of 60 calories each. This dish is best when served immediately.
For the apricot preserves, any organic brand with organic sugar would do. I preferred the apricot fruit spread from Bionaturae, however, since it doesn't contain sugar at all, and is sweetened with apple juice.
apricot preserves $4.19
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html