This simple soup makes an easy supper - serve with a big salad or sandwiches.
Heat a saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup chopped onion and saute 3 minutes. Add 1 cup chopped zucchini and 1 cup chopped yellow squash, and cook 3 minutes.
Stir in 1 cup water, 1/2 tsp. oregano, 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper, 1 (15-ounce) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained, 1 (14.5-ounce) can of diced tomatoes and 1 (14-ounce) can of vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Ladle 1 and 1/2 cups of soup into each of 4 bowls. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon of plain soy yogurt (such as Whole Soy). Each of the servings if 190 calories.
Told you it was simple!
yellow squash $0.70
canned chickpeas $1.79
canned diced tomatoes $1.19
vegetable broth $1.49
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html