As I mentioned, here's the same salad as last night, but with a different dressing - I actually preferred this creamier version to last night's dressing.
Start out the same: in a bowl combine 2 cups shredded radish, 1 cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper, and 3/4 cup shredded carrot. The shredder blade of a food processor will speed up prep if you have one; I chopped by hand.
Place 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise in a bowl (such as the Light Canola Mayo from Spectrum Organics). Add a teaspoon and a half chopped fresh dill, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon raw sugar, 1/2 tsp. dry mustard, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper, stirring with a whisk to combine.
Pour the dressing over the slaw. As with the other variation, this is best served immediately. You'll have 5 servings of 3/4 cups and 50 calories.
yellow bell pepper $1.28
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html