This refreshing sipper is about as easy and natural as a recipe comes.
Simply combine two cups water and three tablespoons raw sugar in a bowl. Stir with a whisk until the sugar dissolves. Place three cups halved strawberries in a blender and puree until smooth. Combine the water mixture, the strawberry puree and two tablespoons fresh lime juice in a pitcher. Stir together and serve!
You'll have 4, 1-cup servings of 80 calories.
Variations on this "fresh water", are popular throughout Mexico. Sip through a straw and garnish with strawberries!
Now here's why I made just a simple drink recipe tonight: most people probably think of going home to Mom's house to have a fresh home-cooked meal. But since I cook every night, my best idea of an indulgent vacation was eating right out the microwave. For this, I turn to the Amy's line of frozen foods. All organic, all vegetarian, and probably 50% vegan, Amy's was my lifeline in the microwave days of college. Due to sodium content (and the fact that I now love cooking) I consider it a rare indulgence, but tonight, that's what I'm eating. Please visit their website! http://www.amys.com/
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html