Usually, I'll have a glass or two of wine in the evening, but here's a great non-alcoholic beverage that's incredibly refreshing once the evenings begin to warm up.
In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup water, 7 tablespoons raw sugar, and a tablespoon and a half of chopped fresh mint. Bring to a boil and cook until the sugar dissolves, stirring often. Remove from heat and let stand ten minutes. Strain over a sieve over a bowl, discarding the solids. Add another cup of water and 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about 3 limes). Stir well, then pour 3/4 cup into each of two glasses.
Serve over ice cubes and garnish with a lime wedge and a sprig of mint.
This makes enough for two servings of 150 calories each, but multiply the recipe accordingly if you have a crowd!
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html