A snappy-quick, easy vegan side dish for any night of the week.
Trim the ends off three cups of fresh snow peas.
Heat one and a half teaspoons of sesame oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the snow peas, along with 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger. Saute for three minutes.
Remove from heat and add 2 tablespoons soy sauce and a dash of black pepper.
Voila! Four, 1/2 cup servings of only 40 calories each.
Told you it was quick and easy! Colorful, too.
snow peas $4.14
p.s. One more vegan note on the night. One of my bigger fears of becoming vegan was the idea of giving up ice cream, but I was delighted to discover a thriving market of soy "frozen desserts" which taste, if not as good as the real thing, then - in my humble opinion - even better. Last night was the first time I tried the Soy Dream brand, so I want to highly recommend it! My other favorites are the "ice cream" from Whole Soy and that from Turtle Mountain.
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html