This side dish is a great way to highlight fresh mint. It's also easily portable for a Saturday afternoon picnic!
In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups two-inch trimmed green beans, 1 1/2 cups 1-inch square cut red bell pepper, 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint, 1/4 cup vegetable broth, two sliced garlic cloves, one pound small red potatoes, quartered, and one vidalia onion, peeled and quartered. Toss well and place in a 13x8 glass roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Baked at 400 degrees for twenty minutes, covered with aluminum foil.
Remove the foil and stir, and bake an additional forty minutes, uncovered, stirring halfway through. Let stand 5 minutes, then place back in the large bowl.
In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup chopped mint, 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar, one tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt and a dash of ground pepper. Drizzle over vegetables. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
This makes just over 4 one-cup servings, of 140 calories each.
green beans $0.85
red bell pepper $1.84
red potatoes $3.99
vidalia onion $0.94
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html