There's nothing like a smoothie for an energy boost, whether for breakfast or after a hard workout. This smoothie packs in protein, potassium, and calcium - on top of which, drinking something nice and cold tastes great on a hot summer day!
Ahead of time, cut a ripe banana into slices and freeze in a zip-top bag - this way the banana will act almost like ice cubes in the smoothie itself! You can also slice up a few bananas now, keep them in individual portions, and pull them out as needed the next time a smoothie-fancy strikes you.
In a blender, combine 1/2 cup plain soy milk (such as Silk), 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup (Ah-laska and Santa Cruz brands are both vegan), 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (I like the all-natural Peanut Butter & Co), 1 frozen banana, and 8 ounces vanilla soy yogurt (such as Silk or Whole Soy).
Process until smooth, then pour about 1 cup into each of 2 glasses. Each smoothie is 330 calories.
vanilla soy yogurt $1.09
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html