These easy sandwiches transform a traditional Italian antipasto plate into wrap form!
In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon vegan sour cream (such as Tofutti's Better Than Sour Cream) with 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato spread. I actually used a sun-dried tomato paste, which was the closest I could find - supermarket shelves abound with sun-dried tomato pestos, tapenades etc., but I couldn't find anything labeled a sun-dried tomato spread. Buy whichever you prefer, but just make sure the product doesn't contain cheese or anchovies, as many brands do.
Spread 1 tablespoon of the tomato mixture down the center of each of 2, fat-free flour tortillas (such as Whole Foods' brand). Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, about 3 tablespoons chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers, 1 ounce of thinly sliced vegan mozzarella, and 1 slice of vegan salami.
For the 'mozzarella', I definitely preferred Vegan Gourmet here, since it is closer to fresh Buffalo mozzarella than other versions on the market. For the 'salami', try Yves Veggie brand.
Roll up the tortillas and serve! Each tortilla is 280 calories.
sun-dried tomato paste $2.77
fat-free tortillas $1.69
bottled roasted red bell peppers $2.00
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html