Use agave nectar in place honey for this easy dish. You can serve the mix as an appetizer with summer cocktails, or bring along as trail mix on your next hike!
Before you start the recipe, line a baking sheet with parchment paper (aluminum foil would work, too), and coat with cooking spray; set aside.
Melt 1 teaspoon vegan butter (such as Earth Balance) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 cup agave nectar, and cook for 2 minutes.
Add 1/4 cup slivered almonds, 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, 1/4 cup chopped pecans, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom, 1/4 tsp. salt, and just a dash of ground cloves; reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently - the nuts should be golden by the end.
Stir in 1 cup raisins, then immediately transfer to the prepared baking sheet and cool completely - be careful not to touch the mixture right away, because it will be hot!
1/4 cup of the mix is 200 calories.
sunflower seeds $0.95
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html