Here's an easy side dish to serve one, on the nights when you're just cooking for yourself!
Cut 1/2 pound small red potatoes into quarters. Place the potatoes in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 13 minutes - the potatoes should be very tender. Drain and set aside.
Combine 1 teaspoon vegan butter (such as Earth Balance) and 1 minced garlic clove in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave for about 30 seconds.
Add the potatoes, 3 tablespoons plain soy milk (such as Silk), and 1/8 tsp. salt to the 'butter' mixture; mash with a fork or potato masher to desired consistency. I actually liked these a little rustic and chunky, especially because the red skin was still mixed in, rather than completely smooth.
As I stated at the beginning, you'll have 1 serving, of about 3/4 cup and 210 calories.
red potatoes $4.99
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html