Serve these edamame in place of peanuts with cocktails - they're high in protein but lower in fat than nuts, at only 3 grams per serving - and all the heart-healthy kind!
Allow 1 (14-ounce) package of frozen shelled edamame to thaw ahead of time. Once thawed, arrange the edamame in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. ground ginger and 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the edamame, and toss to coat.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 and 1/2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
You'll have 5 servings of 1/4 cup and 120 calories each.
frozen shelled edamame $3.49
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html