This fun and easy side dish is packed with soy protein.
Bring 2 quarts (8 cups) of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add 4 cups frozen shelled edamame and 10 peeled garlic cloves; cook for 5 minutes.
Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
Combine the edamame, the garlic, the reserved liquid, and 1/4 cup soft silken tofu in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Add 1 and 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/8 tsp. black pepper, pulsing to combine.
2/3 cup is a side serving of 180 calories - this recipe makes enough to serve 5. Serve it anywhere you'd normally think to have mashed potatoes!
frozen shelled edamame $6.98
soft silken tofu $2.00
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html