Earlier this month I made apple parfaits for dessert. Here is a parfait that uses pear instead.
In a bowl, combine 1 and 1/2 cup peeled and chopped bosc pear (about 2 small ones), with 1 and 1/2 teaspoons raw sugar and 2 teaspoons amaretto (such as Disaronno, which is vegan according to the company). Cover and chill for at least one hour.
Make 1/2 cup of gingersnap cookie crumbles - an easy method is to place the cookies in a plastic zip-top back and crush with a rolling pin. I used the gingersnaps from Mi-Del (www.midelcookies.com).
To assemble the parfaits, sprinkle 1 tablespoon gingersnap crumbs in the bottom of 4 (8-ounce) glasses. Top the gingersnap crumbs with 3 tablespoons of pear mixture, then 3 tablespoons of vanilla soy ice cream (such as Turtle Mountain's fruit-sweetened Vanilla) per glass. Repeat the layers in each glass. Sprinkle the top of each parfait with 1 tablespoon sliced almonds - toast the almonds first, if you like.
Each parfait is 240 calories.
bosc pear $1.89
amaretto $3.50 (I bought the smallest bottle!)
vanilla soy ice cream $4.19
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html