Here's a fun twist on salsa - the name simply means "green salsa" - that makes a great nosh before a Saturday night out on the town.
Remove the husks and stems from 8 tomatillos. Cut each into quarters and place in a blender along with 1/4 cup chopped green onions, 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1 jalapeno (seeded and quartered), and one 4.5 oz can of chopped green chiles, undrained. Simply use the pulse setting on your blender or food processor until finely chopped. You'll have two cups, a 1/4 cup of which is only 20 calories. Serve with vegan tortilla chips such as the baked yellow corn ones from Guiltless Gourmet: http://www.guiltlessgourmet.com/
tomatillos - my apologies, I can't find the cost on my receipt!
green onions $0.98
canned green chiles $0.99
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html