A refreshing treat on a warm summer evening - perfect for cocktail hour. Its more like a smoothie than an alcoholic beverage, but add more rum to taste if you like.
In a blender, combine 4 peeled kiwifruit, 3 cups ice, 1/4 cup light rum (such as Bacardi), 1/4 cup Midori melon liqueur (yes, it's vegan!), 3 tablespoons lite coconut milk and one 8-oz can of crushed pineapple, undrained. Blend it all together!
The original recipe called for Cream of Coconut, a pre-blended mixer that is normally sold in liquor stores. However, I couldn't find verification anywhere that cream of coconut didn't contain any, well, cream. Although I'm fairly certain is a product made entirely of coconut, I didn't want to take any changes, which is why I went with the coconut milk instead.
Pour 2/3 cup into each of 6 glasses, and garnish with slices cut from an additional, peeled kiwifruit. Each serving is 150 calories. Cheers!
coconut milk $1.29
canned pineapple $1.39
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html