Half salsa, half guacamole, this delicious spread is great with tortilla chips, or spread over tacos and burritos!
Peel, seed and mash 1 ripe avocado; set aside.
In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion, 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lime juice, 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1 minced garlic clove, and 1 seeded and finely chopped serrano chile.
Stir in the mashed avocado, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, and 1 chopped medium-sized tomato.
This is best served immediately. You'll also want to work quickly once you have the avocado mashed, otherwise it will begin to brown in the air! 2 tablespoons of dip is 50 calories.
serrano chile $0.10
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html