I couldn't wait to try this combination, since I love both vegan Smart Bacon (from LightLife) and vegan soy blue cheese (from Sunergia)!
The dip is super-easy to prepare. In a blender, combine 1/4 cup chopped onion, 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, 1/4 tsp. dried thyme (use 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, if you prefer), 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, 1 drained (15-ounce) can of navy beans, and 1 chopped garlic clove; process until smooth.
Transfer to a bowl and stir in 1/2 cup crumbled vegan blue cheese and 3 vegan bacon slices (previously cooked and crumbled).
2 tablespoons of dip are 80 calories. This is delicious with pita wedges - warm up the pitas for a few minutes in the oven first, and it's even tastier! You could also try the dip smeared over toasted baguette slices.
canned navy beans $2.19
soy blue cheese $4.49
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html