All you pretty much have to do for this easy and delicious soup is toss the ingredients in a saucepan and bring them to a boil! It's ideal for a busy night.
In a large saucepan, combine 2 cups no-salt-added tomato sauce (such as Muir Glen), 1 and 1/2 cups water, 1 cup bottled salsa (I like the mild salsa from Muir Glen but go spicier if you prefer!), 1 cup frozen corn, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon dried basil, 1 (14-ounce) can of vegetable broth, 1 (15-ounce) can of kidney beans (rinsed and drained), and 1 minced garlic clove.
Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes.
Ladle 1 and 1/3 cups of soup into each of 6 bowls. Top each serving with 1/4 cup shredded vegan cheddar (such as Galaxy Foods). Serve with 5 baked tortilla chips per serving - I like the new ones from Garden of Eatin', which include Omega-3's from flaxseed - perfect for a vegan!
Each serving is 230 calories.
tomato sauce $4.38
frozen corn $2.99
canned vegetable broth $1.47
canned kidney beans $1.00
vegan cheddar $3.39
baked tortilla chips $3.19
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html