Try this fun dip on Oscar night while you watch the red carpet fashions! It's delicious to dip into with strawberries, apple wedges, or pineapple chunks.
Make the equivalent of one egg using egg replacer (such as Ener-G), and whisk together with 2 tablespoons raw sugar and 2 and 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice. Set aside.
In a saucepan, combine another 2 tablespoons raw sugar, 1/4 cup water and 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch. Bring to a boil, then cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly - it will be quite thick.
Remove from heat and whisk in the lemon juice mixture gradually. Return to the burner and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes until thick, still stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, then let cool completely.
Just before serving, fold in 1 and 1/2 cups vegan whipped cream (such as Soy Whip: www.soyatoo.com) Serve with fresh fruit for dipping!
2 tablespoons of dip is 40 calories.
everything was already in my kitchen, so I just had to shell out for the fresh fruit
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html