This yummy and super-quick vegetable stir-fry makes a great a side dish; or, serve it over brown rice for a main meal.
Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add 2 cups (1 and 1/2-inch-long) sliced asparagus, 2 cups sliced mushrooms, and 1 cup snow peas (trimmed and diagonally sliced); saute 7 minutes. Add 1 minced garlic clove and saute an additional minute.
While the vegetables are cooking, combine 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, 1/4 tsp. coarse salt and 1/8 tsp. black pepper in a bowl. Sprinkle over the vegetables.
This dish is best served immediately. 1/2 a cup is 60 calories.
pre-sliced mushrooms $2.49
snow peas $1.12
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html