I'm jonesin' for the spring produce that I know is hitting the grocery store shelves in but a mere month... green beans are still good this time of year, though, and this is a simple and yummy way to prepare them.
Steam 1 pound of green beans for 5 minutes. Drain and combine in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, 2 teaspoons vegan butter (such as Earth Balance), 1/2 tsp. stoneground mustard, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. black pepper. Toss to combine.
3/4 cup is 60 calories.
Gosh, that really was quick!
green beans $2.34
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html