Another simple side dish that lets the fresh produce of summer shine through - this one would work nicely with that corn pizza from a couple nights ago, if you have leftovers!
Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add a pound and a half trimmed, fresh green beans to the pot, cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 8 minutes until the beans are tender. Drain and pat dry.
In a medium skillet, heat one and a half tablespoons olive oil and one and a half tablespoons vegan butter (such as Earth Balance) over medium heat. Add one minced garlic clove and saute 30 seconds. Add the green beans, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/4 tsp. salt and a dash of pepper. Cook two minutes. Remove from heat and toss with two tablespoons chopped fresh parsley.
You'll have about 6 servings of 3/4 cups (50 calories) from this recipe.
green beans $1.89
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html