A fantastic and cute little side dish - I think I've learned that I just love stuffing vegetables.
For this one, cut the tops off four tomatoes (the recipe called for 2 and a 1/4 lbs, mine weighed a little less, at a pound and a half, but things still worked). Discard the tops, and scoop out the pulp; finely chop the pulp and place in a bowl. To the pulp add: 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives, and 1/2 cup crumbled vegan feta (such as Sunergia).
Place the four hulled tomatoes in an 8-inch baking dish. Fill evenly with the pulp mixture. Broil for 2 minutes, and then serve! Each tomato is 80 calories.
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html