I'm probably jumping the seasonal gun with this side dish - the weather outside is frightful, but I'm thinking of spring...
Simply plunge one pound of trimmed asparagus spears into boiling water; cook 3 minutes, then drain. Plunge in ice water, and drain again.
In a large bowl, toss the asparagus together with 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil and 1/4 tsp. salt - now you see why it's called triple sesame!
Divide evenly among 4 plates for side-servings of 60 calories each.
This probably goes without saying, but trimming asparagus is super easy - if you bend the asparagus towards the bottom of the spear, the tough part will naturally snap off. It's very intuitive, so try it out for yourself and you'll see.
black sesame seeds $3.99
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html